You’ve decided to get LASIK surgery. Congratulations, you will soon join the hundreds of thousands of people who get LASIK vision correction surgery every year to improve their vision. So what should you expect during your LASIK appointment?
- Understanding LASIK – Before going in for your appointment, it’s important to understand what the procedure entails. Prior to your appointment your eye doctor will talk to you about what to expect and what you will need to do to prepare. LASIK doesn’t use a knife like a surgical procedure. Instead, the LASIK procedure uses a computer-guided laser to make changes to the cornea of your eye.
- The Surgeon that Dr. Hetel Bhakta at Planet Vision co-manages her LASIK patients with is one of the best, who has years of experience and thousands of LASIK procedures under his belt. From the surgeon and eye doctor, to the staff, everyone involved in your procedure will provide the highest standard of eye care.
- The procedure – The majority of LASIK patients ask the same question- does it hurt? Unlike a surgical procedure, LASIK is unique because there is no need to put a patient fully under to perform the procedure. The patient is awake and is given anesthetic drops, which numbs the eyes. Often, a mild sedative is given to help the patient relax. Most patients report feeling only a little pressure or a vibration sensation during the procedure. Typically, it only takes about 10 minutes for the eye doctor to complete the LASIK procedure on each eye.
- After Care – Since you are not put under for the procedure, you can go home right after your have your LASIK procedure, however, you will need to be sure that you have a friend or family member who can drive you home from the office. While your eyes may feel slightly irritated immediately following the procedure, it is possible to go back to your normal day-to-day routine in just a few days.
- Results – Almost immediately following your procedure you will start to enjoy the benefits of your corrected vision without having to use contact lenses or glasses. The majority of patients regain completely corrected vision after LASIK.
Do you have additional questions about your upcoming LASIK appointment? Feel free to call Planet Vision and ask to speak to our eye doctor about your upcoming LASIK appointment.